Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Back from the dead... mostly

I've been waffling back and forth on whether or not to resume blogging and I've decided to just go ahead and do it. There has been a fair amount of sewing going on in my extended absence, but a little too much life to manage to post anything of value. So I'm going to try to be better at posting frequently but I am making no promises of perpetually interesting content. I have found that I really love seeing what people are up to both when they do have the time and dedication to make really thorough posts and when they are only able to throw a quick photo and brief description of a project out there.

Here's a project that was amazingly completed roughly a year after the fabric was purchased. This skirt caught my eye from my first ever BWOF purchase and I bought this fabric shortly after thinking it would be a great fit. It just took me a year to actually get to it! The skirt is BWOF 09-2008-124 and the fabric is some fairly cheap faux suede from Joann's. The skirt had mixed reviews on Pattern Review, but I found it to be easy and I love the finished product. I think it is important to use a fabric that can be left raw at the hem.

From Grillo Originals
Please pardon the lousy phone picture. Laziness took over last year and I was unable to muster the motivation to find and actually use the real camera for sewing endeavors, ha! But you can see that the skirt looks cute with a black top and black boots and tights. I've worn it several times. The only issue I have with it is the Marilyn Monroe moments that seem to be a little too frequent. All those big pleats make any gust of wind flip the skirt up. So matching undies are a must! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment