Sunday, February 22, 2009

And here it is-

Here's my completed purple shirt from BWOF 10-2008 #118. I think it turned out nice. It wasn't without its adventures though. First things first, I decided I'd shorten the arms- bad idea. First of all, I don't think I like the shortened arms as much as I thought I would. And second, I failed to take into account the fact that the band would have to be bigger in order to fit further back on my arm..... didn't figure that one out until I had already cut and sewn the too small bands on. Unpleasant. Another adventure was when I was trying to cut those bands out. This fabric is deep stash fabric, so there's no replacing it and I had *just* enough to make the shirt really. I grabbed one of the scraps from cutting (it was bigger than I thought) and was happily chopping away to make the band with my rotary cutter when I realized- THAT'S NOT A SCRAP! Luckily I didn't do too much damage. I wound up having to put a band on the button side of the front to replace the fabric I had taken off, and I shortened the shirt a tad to make up for the hunk missing from the same front panel on the bottom. Luckily I didn't do any real unbelievable damage. I would've cried!

The shirt gets Hubby approval which was nice. He's pickier than I am, so if he likes it, I know it's probably good. I like it too. Next time I'll make the sleeves the original length, but the point is there will very likely be a next time, so this is a success.

Next up is Vogue 8313. I bought this to make a Christmas party dress not this last year, but the year before and never got around to making it. I read the reviews on PR and got intimidated. Despite the "Very Easy Vogue" title it seemed t me that people were having quite the fitting issues, so it got shoved back in the stash. Now the muslin is all done (holy cow am I glad I made a muslin!) and I'll probably be cutting out the real fabric today. Yay!








No comments:

Post a Comment